- Assorted Reviews
- Industry News
- Tech PR
Priced under $200, decent specs and detachable keyboard, sign me up!
E FUN, the fifth largest tablet supplier in the U.S.*, is redefining the Windows 2-in-1 tablet category with its newest Nextbook, the first Windows 10.1 inch tablet with an MSRP below $200 on the market. Developed closely with Microsoft Corp. and Intel, the portable Nextbook Windows tablet brings the latest technology to families at an affordable price. With a detachable POGO keyboard, the 2-in-1 tablet is perfect for work and play and is an incredible value with the free one year subscription for Office 365 Personal that includes 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage. It will be available at retail for $179 mid-November at Walmart stores nationwide and Walmart.com (preorders beginning Oct. 23) and in December at SamsClub.com.
“We are excited to expand our product portfolio with our first Windows tablet,” said Jason Liszewski, managing director and vice president of sales at E FUN. “Our collaboration with Microsoft and Intel was the next logical step in the evolution of the company and brand. It has been a pleasure working with them on the development of a tablet that offers tremendous value to professionals, students and casual users.”
Whether it’s working on an Excel spreadsheet, emailing a report, video chatting with a friend, or watching the latest movie, the new Nextbook Windows 2-in-1 tablet can handle any task and get more done while at home, at work or on the go. It features the following:
• 10.1” 1280 x 800 IPS screen with capacitive multi-touch and expanded viewing angles
• Detachable keyboard with POGO connection for superior portability and versatility
• Windows 8.1 Operating System
• Quad-Core Intel® AtomTM Processor (2M cache, up to 1.83 GHz); 1GB DDR3L system memory
• 32GB internal storage; expandable via microSD card up to 64GB
• 6000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery
• Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity options
• Front webcam and 2 megapixel back camera with microphone
• Micro USB port, mini HDMI port, audio jack
• 3-axis g-sensor for apps and gaming
• Includes one year subscription to Office 365 Personal with 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage free for one year and 60 Skype world minutes per month
• Preloaded software including Nook for Windows 8
“Intel is enabling our customers including E FUN to design high quality, affordable tablets with lightning fast performance and long battery life that the Intel Atom processor provides. We are proud to support E FUN in extending their successful product line to Windows tablets for consumers in the United States,” said Erik Reid, vice president of Intel Mobile and Communications Group and general manager of the Tablet Business Unit.
“Microsoft’s engagement with new partners like E FUN enables a broader portfolio of devices across more price points and markets,” said Jordan Chrysafidis, VP of U.S. OEM Division, Microsoft. “Windows devices, like the Nextbook 10.1 inch, provide flexibility that customers want and enable new computing scenarios at work, play or on the go at a very competitive price.”
“Within four short years, E FUN went from launching in North America to being the fifth largest tablet supplier in the U.S. in 2013,” said Jean Philippe Bouchard, research director, tablets at IDC. “We anticipate both Windows platforms and larger tablets to gain share going forward so this product is well positioned to capture this growth.”
For more information on the new Nextbook Windows 2-in-1 tablet, click here.
* Full year 2013 tablet unit market share as per IDC Worldwide Quarterly Tablet Tracker Q2 2014
About E FUN
E FUN, a designer and marketer of mobile lifestyle products, entered the North American market in late 2010. Since then, E FUN has grown to be one of the leading tablet brands at retail, achieving top five market share by volume in 2013. Its ongoing product innovation and partnerships set E FUN apart from competitors and provide customers with unique out of the box experiences. Its product offerings include Android and Windows tablets, home automation devices, and wearables. E FUN is headquartered in West Covina, California.
For additional information regarding E FUN’s Nextbook tablets, visit www.nextbookusa.com.